19 Jun BackupAssist v8.0 is here! Find out what’s new…
The Aussie developers over at BackupAssist have been hard at work on the latest major release of their popular backup software for small businesses, and I’m pleased to be letting you know it’s now available for download.
This release is packed with new features and in this post we’ll pick out both the highlights and a couple of important notes you should be aware of.
Version 8.0 highlights
- NEW: Custom Schemes to give greater flexibility and precision over the scheduling of your backups. Set your backup schedule to your exact requirements.
- NEW: Improved imaging backup reports that allow you to monitor what restore points you have, and a detailed breakdown of what your backup destination contains so you can better manage space management issues.
- NEW: Advanced verification of your backups in two key ways; (1) Automatic restore testing to give you immediate feedback on potential restoration issues (2) Built in exchange and Hyper-V backup validations for added reassurance that your application data is secure
- NEW: Dedicated Hyper-V Set ups with our vastly improved set up for Hyper-V hosts, including simpler configuration for the most common Hyper-V backup options.
- NEW: Exchange Granular Restore now comes with improved Exchange account impersonation, and also PST and OST file support. Now you can open, search and restore mail items from PST and OST files.
- NEW: Improved installation process means you can do administrative MSI installs (no more interactive prompts).
Please note that v8 marks the end of support for the following platforms (BackupAssist and add-ons):-
- Windows XP, any version
- Windows Vista, any version
- Windows Server 2003, any version
- Windows Server 2008, 32bit
- NTbackup and RSM (Removable Storage Manager)
Exchange Mailbox Backups
- Exchange 2003
- Outlook 2003
BackupAssist haven’t changed their prices for over 6 years and in this release we see a small increase to the core licence price to help them continue producing the same high quality of software we’re used to – please see the link below for full pricing information.