19 Oct BackupAssist – Important News and Updates
Microsoft will shortly be ending support for Windows Server 2012 and 2012R2 platforms. The means that for BackupAssist we will no longer be able to technically support these operating system families from November 1st 2023.
BackupAssist will also be removing technical support for the following legacy features beginning November 2023 – Rsync, WebDAV and Hyper-V CSV. These features will still be available within the software and existing jobs will not be affected but we would encourage customers to migrate to alternative backup methods in BackupAssist as soon as possible.
In other news…
New Version Releases Coming Soon:-
BackupAssist 12.0.6 (late October 2023)
- The addition of an iSCSI backup destination for New System Protection
- A fix for iSCSI Disaster Recovery on Windows 11 and Server 2022
- A fix for broken settings export/import scenarios
- Many other updates to reporting, EGR, Cloud Backup, CSG, and other components
BackupAssist 12.1.0 (early 2024)
- New Disk to Cloud backup capability, allowing Bare Metal Recovery from Cloud Backups
- Improvements to avoid “skipped files” in Cloud Backups
- Wildcards for CryptoSafeGuard whitelisting, for example to support whitelisting Hyper-V guest directories
- Modern authentication capability for SMTP email configuration