Providing you keep the MDaemon installation path on the new machine the same as the current path (for example: C:\MDaemon), then moving the installation onto a new machine should just be a matter of following the steps below (if you’re changing the installation path, refer to the article here):
1. On the existing MDaemon installation in the MDaemon Interface (GUI) choose Help -> Activate your MDaemon Software and choose the options to deactivate the MDaemon keys.2. Choose Setup -> Preferences -> Windows Service and click the Remove Service button (if the button says ‘Install service’ you don’t need to do anything here).(Note: If you are using MDaemon 9 or below, you’ll find this at Setup -> System Service)
3. Stop MDaemon on the existing machine.
4. Copy the entire MDaemon folder and all subfolders from the existing machine over to the same physical location on the new server.5. If you are replacing the existing server with the new server and it is now switched off, change the network IP of the new machine to reflect that of the old machine.6. Download the appropriate version of MDaemon from here and run through the installation. Specify the MDaemon directory you copied over from the old server as the installation directory.7. As there is currently no service installed you will need to start MDaemon as an application. To do this open Windows File Explorer and navigate to the \MDaemon\App subfolder. Open MDaemon.exe and MDaemon will start.8. At Setup -> Preferences -> Windows Service choose Install service.
9. Close MDaemon and start it from Start -> Programs -> MDaemon -> Start MDaemon (this will now start MDaemon as a system service).
10. The action of starting MDaemon will have automatically re-activated your MDaemon keys, but you can confirm their status on the new machine in Help -> Register your MDaemon Software. If a manual activation is required, choose Help -> Register your MDaemon Software -> MDaemon -> Update (Note: MDaemon will then prompt to be restarted to perform its re-activation and call home process).