Upgrading to this version of MDaemon requires your licence to have upgrade cover that extends until at least 9th February 2021.
If your licence’s upgrade cover expired prior to the date above, you will need to renew your upgrade cover using the link above before upgrading.
To upgrade, simply download the latest version and install over the top of your current installation.
What’s new in this version
Virus/Spam Misclassification Reporting for Improved Filtering Accuracy
A right-click popup menu option was added to the Quarantine, Bad Queue, and Spam Trap queue screens in the MDaemon console and Remote Administration to report improperly classified spam or non-spam messages to MDaemon.com as false negatives or false positives. The messages will be analyzed and passed along to third-party vendors for corrective action.
New Graphical User Interface for the ActiveSync Migration Client
The ActiveSync Migration Client has been updated with a graphical user interface for simplified migration from other
mail servers that support ActiveSync.
MDaemon Instant Messenger – Persistent Chat Rooms
MDaemon Instant Messenger now supports persistent chat rooms, which do not need to be recreated every time all users leave the room.
Instant Messenger & Other Improvements in MDaemon Webmail Mobile Theme
The MDaemon Webmail Mobile Theme includes a variety of new features, including the MDaemon Instant Messenger client, auto-complete, saved search folders, Dropbox integration features, message threading, scheduling assistant, and much more. For a complete list, please see the MDaemon release notes.
Other MDaemon Webmail Improvements
Users can now attach an event to a new email via the right-click menu in the LookOut and WorldClient themes, and from the event preview in the Mobile theme.
The Advanced Search feature now includes the ability to search within the CC field.
Clustering Improvements with Multi-Node Mail Routing
MDaemon’s clustering service now includes multi-node mail routing, where mail queues are shared between the cluster nodes. Having multiple servers process and deliver the messages allows them to split the work more evenly and prevents messages from being stuck in the queues of any servers that are down. SSL certificates are replicated from the primary to secondary nodes.
Improved IMAP Filters
IMAP filtering rules can now search within the message body for particular text.
Remote Administration Styling Updates & Other Improvements
- Styling updates have been added to the status page tables, disk usage statistics, traffic charts, graphs, and reports.
- An “Explanation” column has been added to the Quarantine queue list to help administrators more easily identify why a message was placed in the quarantine.
- The ability to manage the RAW queues has been added under Messages and Queues | RAW Queue.
- Administrators can now use Remote Administration to access the Webmail Custom Links manager via Main | Webmail Settings | Custom Links (for global administrators) and Main | Webmail Custom Links (for domain administrators). This allows administrators to add custom buttons to the MDaemon Webmail toolbar.
- New “Release All” and “Requeue All” buttons have been added to the Queue managers at Messages and Queues | Deferred Queue, Holding Queue, Quarantine Queue, and Spamtrap Queue.
- The VBR Certification Setup page has been added under Security | Sender Authentication | VBR Certification “Configure a domain for message certification”.
For a complete list of new features & updates, please see the MDaemon release notes.