If you change the domain in Setup -> Domain Manager, MDaemon will automatically update all the accounts, aliases and public folders to reflect the new domain as well as change the mailbox directory location.
If the existing domain is the default domain you’d need to take these steps, though:
- In Setup -> Domain Manager create a new domain called temp.com and use the Make the currently selected domain the new default domain button to make it the default domain.
- In Setup -> Domain Manager you should now be able to change the domain you wish rename to the new domain using the Rename Domain button.
- In Setup -> Domain Manager use the Make the currently selected domain the new default domain button to make the newly renamed domain, the default domain.
- In Setup -> Domain Manager delete the temp.com domain.
- At Accounts -> Account Settings -> Aliases now make an alias in the form *@olddomain.com -> *@newdomain.com so email for the old domain still arrives to the associated user on the new domain.
- Update Outlook clients, etc to reflect the new domain (you’ll find that they will need to be closed / reopened to reflect the new Public Folders root domain and that data will need to resync as will any Shared Folders).
We strongly recommend a full backup of the MDaemon folder is performed before making this change.
The new domain cannot already exist in Setup -> Domain Manager for this process to work.