This article explains how to import domain information into SecurityGateway’s database from a comma-separated-value (.CSV) file, if you have one exported from SecurityGateway, MDaemon, another application, or created manually.
From the Dashboard, after logging in:
- Click on Setup / Users in the bottom-left corner.
- Click on Domains and Users, under the Accounts sub-section, on the left.
- Click on the Import button along the top of the window to open up the Import Domains window.
- Click on Browse and navigate to the location of the CSV file on the computer. The path of it will be show in the field to the left.
- Click on Import Domains along the top of the Import Domains Window.
SecurityGateway will then give a status-report of the number of lines scanned from the file, number of items successfully imported, and number of items that failed.
Note that the CSV file needs the following format to be successfully imported:
Under Domain, put in the name of the domain you wish to import, and the maximum amount of users you wish to configure for that domain under ‘MaxUsers’
Any imported domains will use the default user-verification sources you have setup, unless you specifically specify one for that domain. You may do so by editing the domain under Domains / Users and selecting a specific verification source from the list at the bottom of the pop-up window.