This article details how to reset the password on the administrative accounts in SecurityGateway if you forget the password for the original administrative account that is made during installation.
- Open an elevated Command prompt
- Stop the SecurityGateway Service by entering the command net stop securitygateway
- Change directories to the App folder in SecurityGateway (Default location is Program Files\MDaemon Technologies\SecurityGateway\App).
- Enter the command cd \Program Files\Alt-N Technologies\SecurityGateway\App
- Enter the command sgdbtool reset
- Restart the SecurityGateway Service using the command net start securitygateway
Possible issues to note:
This will reset all the administrative accounts on the server to a blank field, so it is highly recommended that you then log into the SecurityGateway server and change all administrator passwords.