MDaemon version 16 onwards supports Two Factor Authentication meaning a user needs to enter a verification code before they can log into Webmail or Remote Administration. This article utilises the Google Authenticator application.
Google Authenticator is available for both Android or iOS devices:
- Log in to Webmail via HTTPS
- Select Options
- Select Security
- Enter the current account password:
- Select Setup Two Factor Authentication
- Open the Google Authenticator App.
- Scan the QR Code displayed in Webmail to setup the account on the device. Alternatively, click Show Secret to generate a code to enter into the Google Authenticator App.
- Once the account has been added in Google Authenticator, enter the 6 digit verification code displayed on the app.
- Click Verify Pairing to finish the process.
The next time the account logs into Webmail or Remote Administration via HTTPS, the password and a code generated by the Google Authenticator app will be required to login.