The steps below describe how to move user mailboxes to a different location on the MDaemon machine:
1. Stop the MDaemon service via the Windows Services Manager.
2. In Windows File Explorer, move the \MDaemon\Users folder to the new drive, but maintain the existing folder tree format.
For example, if the current path to the Users directory is C:\MDaemon\Users and the new drive has a drive letter of D: then the users directory on the new drive should be in D:\MDaemon\Users.
3. Open \MDaemon\App\Userlist.dat in a text editor and change the references to C:\ to D:\.
By changing only the drive letter you ensure that the formatting in the file is maintained and that any whitespace remains as-is which is used by MDaemon as a delimiter
4. Start the MDaemon service via the Windows Services Manager.
5. In the MDaemon Interface under Accounts -> Account Manager confirm that all mailbox paths now show the new drive letter and that when logging in a user via webmail, the mailbox contents are as expected.
6. In the MDaemon Interface under Accounts -> Group and Templates -> Template Manager -> New Accounts, ensure the Mail folder path points to the new location so that any new accounts that are created also have their mailbox folder in the correct path.