In some cases, it is useful to be able to switch BackupAssist into a fresh vanilla setup mode, but keep the current jobs.
This can be done by following these steps…
- Stop the BackupAssist Service in the Windows Services Manager.
- Go to the C:\ProgramData directory in Windows Explorer.
- Rename the folder BackupAssist v* to BackupAssist v* old (where * is the version number you are running).
- Start, then stop BackupAssist Service again.
- Navigate to C:\ProgramData directory.
- Copy the jobs and configuration folders from BackupAssist v* old to the new BackupAssist v* folder that has been recreated.
- Start the BackupAssist Service again.
- You should see your jobs are now present within the software but it will no longer be licenced or have any other settings defined.