It may only be labelled a point release, but version 14.5 is absolutely crammed with improvements, highlighted by the somewhat ‘epic’ release notes linked below.
This release sees the addition of DMARC (Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting and Conformance) support, which essentially standardises how email receivers perform email authentication using both SPF and DKIM.
Major new features:
- DMARC support added – read more about DMARC
- There’s a new look for the remote administration interface
- ActiveSync supports server-side mail searching (current AS licence required)
Other improvements, tweaks and fixes relate to:
- The mailing list engine
- SMTP server
- Sender Authentication
- TLS (now includes 1.1 and 1.2 support)
- Strong password enforcement