Are you managing more than a handful of BackupAssist installations?
Spending more time than you’d like checking email reports?
Let me introduce you to the BackupAssist MultiSite Manager, a magnificent standalone utility that’ll not only help you manage your installations but also save you oodles of time monitoring them.
Please note: BAMM is the replacement for BackupAssist’s legacy Centralised Monitoring Console (CMC) which is no longer supported.
What is the MultiSite Manager?
The important thing to note about the MultiSite Manager is that it’s a software product and not a hosted service.
You are required to provide the Windows hosting platform.
What functionality does it offer me?
One email is all you need.
The most popular feature among the customers and users we have using the MultiSite Manager is the consolidated email reporting.
The individual email reports sent by BackupAssist are great, providing just the right amount of detail for small businesses, but by the time you’ve built up ten or more sites, it can become a job in itself to check those individually every day.
With BAMM you can log in, check the web console at-a-glance or simply configure a daily report email that will summarise the information from across your various customers sites, making it simple to spot potential issues.
Other features of interest include:
- Remote management for backup and restore jobs
- Add, edit and remove sites
- Create and edit backup jobs
- Run, disable and pause backup jobs
- Restore your data and applications on any site
- View detailed reports on all backup jobs
- Fully configurable – only view the data important to you
- Configure single reports or a consolidated version for all sites
- Send to specific recipients using a managed list
- Opt-in for BackupAssist licence expiration notifications
- Receive timely alerts to help avoid any issues
- View alerts for all backup jobs, for both individual sites and entire networks.
- Click-through error notifications linked to specific job reports
How does it compare to the legacy ‘Centralised Monitoring Console’
The Centralised Monitoring Console was a cloud-based service where data was held on Cortex’s servers. It performed monitoring only.
BAMM is a software solution where data is stored on a machine you control and that can be at any location. It will monitor and manage.
Watch our recorded webinar
Fancy more of a guided tour before going any further?
Our resident BackupAssist guru (and YouTube star in the making) Neil Perry recorded one of his live webinar sessions and it’s a great place to start taking a closer look.
Please don’t forget to subscribe to our channel and ‘like’ Neil’s video if you find it useful!
Where do you advise I host it?
We don’t actually have a specific recommendation, the best option in terms of the platform will depend on what you have available to you but I can confirm it must be Windows-based so that’s going to be either:
- A server located at your office if you have high-quality connectivity
- A co-located/ hosted server in data centre space
- Rented hosted server such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure
For testing purposes, we have BAMM installed on an AWS server. That’s performing very well indeed and at a reasonable monthly cost so that route might be worth considering.
- Windows Server 2008 R1/R2 64bit
- Windows Server 2012 R1/R2 64bit
- Windows 7 32bit/64bit
- Windows 8/8.1 64bit
- Server requires globally reachable hostname or IP address
- Multi-Site Manager will require SSL Certificates
- All BackupAssist computers and Site Controllers need Internet access
If you’d like to read up some more, you’ll find plenty of information, help and installation guides in the MultiSite Manager Set-up Guide (BackupAssist.com).
Download a copy of the free trial
As always, the best way to get to grips with new products is to test them for yourself, and you can do that using the free 30-day trial version before requesting a full not-for resale licence if you wish
Customers – view pricing
Resellers – request a free Not-for-resale (NFR) licence
Provided you’re a registered member of our partner program at ‘Reseller’ level or above and currently listed as selling BackupAssist, you’ll be able to request an NFR licence.
- Add either a 1 or 2 year BAMM licence to your shopping basket here.
- Log in to your account
- Go to your shopping basket
- Click the link underneath it that mentions licences ‘not-for-resale’
If you’d like to ask any questions by all means drop us a line in the usual ways.