To move a MailStore Server archive to a new machine including all users, settings and emails follow these steps:
1. Stop the MailStore Server service on the current machine, either through the MailStore Server Service Configuration or the service control panel or by executing the command ‘net stop “MailStore Server”‘ from the command-line.
2. Move the master database directory (default: C:\MailArchive) and all its subdirectories and all archive stores that exist on the current machine to the new machine. Directory structure should be preserved.
3. Uninstall MailStore Server on the current machine. Use Add/Remove Programs available in the control panel.
4. Transfer your MailStore Server license to the new machine via https://my.mailstore.com/transferLicense
5. Install MailStore Server on the new machine.
6. If the location of the master database directory to use does not match the default path C:\MailArchive, run the MailStore Server Service Configuration utility, stop the MailStore Server service and change the directory of the “Master Database” to the new location.
7. If you have any client-sided scheduled tasks, export the SSL certificate and private key (usually packaged in a PKCS#12 file) with the common name “MailStore Server” from the machines certificate store and import it to the same location on the new machine. Refer to the Windows help for further information about managing SSL certificates.8. Start Mailstore Server and activate the installation by entering the 25-digit activation key when logging in as an admin user via the MailStore Client for the first time.
9. Now set up the scheduled tasks again (as applicable to the version being used).
Please note: Archive stores that are not stored in a relative path to the master database are to be re-attached or modified after moving the archive (see Attaching and Detaching Archive Stores section at the bottom of this article).