All good things must come to an end as the saying goes, and that’s exactly what’s happening to version 8 of BackupAssist in a little over a month’s time as it reaches official end of life status.
If you’re using v8, this doesn’t mean you need to panic because your software will continue to work, however, you should be aware there will be no further updates, fixes or technical support available, plus requests for v8 license deactivations will be declined.
As it happens, with the introduction of the anti-ransomware protection in particular, now really is a fantastic time to think about bringing it up to date, plus we have a little extra incentive if you’re not quite convinced…
From now until 20th Dec 2017, if you renew a version 8 key for 12 months, not only will you benefit from faster, more secure, and better-supported backup, but we’ll give you 25% off the RRP as a sweetener for that deal!
Reasons to renew BackupAssist
- Renewing means you can update to the latest version today complete with all of the latest features and enhancements (see below).
- You’ll also be entitled to all future releases for 12 months (including version 10.0)
- Licences with valid cover can be used with the BackupAssist Multi-Site Manager
- Renewing reinstates technical support via phone and email (plus remote if required)
What’s new in recent versions?
BackupAssist are continually adding new features so the full release notes are pretty lengthy.
This is the digest version of the most interesting additions!
- CryptoSafeGuard – free ransomware protection for your backups (more info)
- Between 30% to 40% faster backups (system protection and file replication)
- A brilliant new add-on for file-based backup to Amazon S3 and Azure (more info)
- Bitlocker encryption for Windows 7, 8 and 10
- Improved restore console with more search options
- Windows Server 2016 support
CryptoSafeGuard is just one of the features you’d be entitled to by upgrading:
Promotion terms and conditions
- Promotion runs from 20/11/17 to 20/12/17
- Licences with expiry dates between 19/6/2014 and 29/9/15
- Offer applies to single year renewals only
- Reseller discounts will still apply
- Not-for-resale discounts will still apply
How to check for eligible keys
To find those keys eligible for the promotion, simply navigate to the ‘keys’ page in your account and use the filter button to filter results by expiry dates as shown below…
If you’ve got any questions, we’re on hand to help so don’t hesitate to drop us a line via the live chat on our site, or perhaps even the traditional methods.